FiloBlu opens its capital to the Gradiente private equity fund, Ardian Growth among those exiting

Venice, 27 Jul. 2021
Go down

Venice, 27 July 27 2021. Fifth operation for the “Gradiente II” private equity fund managed by Gradiente SGR, who completed their investment in FiloBlu S.p.A., a business accelerator specialising in managing online retail activities and digital services prevalently for the fashion and consumer goods sectors. Created in 2009, over the years FiloBlu has been able to impose itself as a partner of reference for those companies for whom the development and enhancing of the e-commerce distribution channel has become a must have, integrated within the business ecosystem.

With a turnover of over €56 million in 2020, the company can count on over 200 employees, 4 branches abroad and sales realised all over the world. The experience accumulated by the company in recent years has enabled it to consolidate its know-how in order to be a reliable partner to support firms in the process of digital transformation and acceleration of growth, which will be increasingly in demand in a system where e-commerce as a distribution channel will be essential in order to gain or maintain a competitive advantage.

Gradiente has acquired a share in the company equal to 67%; the remaining 33% is held by Christian Nucibella, who founded the company and has guided it through its years of success.  The entry of the private equity fund will give a further push to FiloBlu on its path as a leader in the digital market of e-commerce and services in the digital transformation sphere.

“The path followed with Ardian has made it possible to structure the company precisely and raise its profile in the market of reference. This second round of investments will enable FiloBlu to continue its growth with the same positive trend that has been registered over the years, taking on new opportunities that have been unexplored so far, continuing to be a reference point for innovative solutions, the strategic approach to the market in an omnichannel vein and the development of customers’ equity brand” says Christian Nucibella, Founder of FiloBlu.

“In less than three years FiloBlu has tripled its turnover thanks to excellence in the execution and transformation of the offer, yet without losing its entrepreneurial DNA of strong growth and profitability. Christian Nucibella’s close relationship with the firm and flexibility have made the difference. A fine image of our support for entrepreneurs of digital”, comment Laurent Foata and Bertrand Schapiro of Ardian Growth.

FiloBlu is an example of an Italian company active in a market characterised by favourable dynamics and very important growth trends that are influencing the daily operations of retail sales companies. We are happy to support the company in this new development project aiming to affirm the company’s leadership, also taking important opportunities for value creation through add-ons that are functional to extending the product offer and consolidating the company’s competitive positioning in the market of reference”, comment Pietro Busnardo and Lorena Lorenzon of Gradiente SGR.

Gradiente has been assisted by NCTM Studio Legal for contract management and tax consultancy matters, by KPMG for accounting consultancy and by Klecha & Co for business due diligence. The sales staff have been assisted by the law firm Giovannelli e Associati.

FiloBlu – founded by Christian Nucibella and with offices in Milan, Venice and Naples – is a strategic consultancy company on & offline, strongly internationally oriented, offering complete and tailor-made solutions to companies working in various sectors (including fashion, lifestyle, food). Drawing its strength from a team of over 200 specialist talents and studied as a case history of success by the Financial Times and Deloitte, FiloBlu has a sustainable, global and comprehensive vision at the service of customers, thanks to sound agreements with international players. It has received numerous awards: the FT 1000: Europe’s Faster Growing Companies in the years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021; La Repubblica Affari&Finanza 350 Digital Stars 2020; “Growth Leader” of Il Sole 24 Ore and Statista in 2019, 2020 and 2021; EMEA Technology Fast 500 (from 2015) and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies from 2018 onwards.