Gradiente II completes the investment in Giuriati Group S.r.l.

Padua, 20 Oct. 2021
Go down

Padua, October 20th 2021

“Gradiente II” private equity fund, managed by Gradiente SGR, has completed the investment in Giuriati Group S.r.l. (formerly Cabassi & Giuriati S.p.A.), a company active in the market of food supplements, natural cosmetics, health items and gluten free products distributed in the pharmacy and parapharmacy channel. Founded in 1970, Giuriati Group has established itself both through the development and consolidation of its own brands, including Nutriva, Supravit and Spirulina Marcus Rohrer, and through distribution partnerships with leading international brands.

With a turnover of over 27 million euros in 2020, the company has over 35 employees and a network of 44 agents, 10 medical representatives and 12 specialists, who guarantee widespread coverage of the Italian market.

The partnership with Giuriati family represents the sixth transaction for the private equity fund “Gradiente II” which, together with co-investors Qualitas Equity and Idea 50, has acquired a 70% stake in the company. The remaining 30% is owned by the Giuriati family who founded, led and developed the company over its long history of success.

The objective of the operation is to seize the numerous and important growth opportunities offered by the sector along various lines, both through the expansion of the distribution structure and the product portfolio, and by developing new channels in Italy and abroad.

“I am very satisfied with the transaction concluded with Gradiente, we are confident that this will allow Giuriati Group S.r.l. to continue its path of growth and expansion and to consolidate the company’s presence on the Italian market” commented Bruno Giuriati, President of Giuriati Group.

“Giuriati Group is an Italian excellence, active in a market characterized by significant growth dynamics. The company has very solid economic fundamentals with a focus on researching differentiating formulations and developing premium brands. We are happy to support the Giuriati family in this new project aimed at consolidating the positioning of the company on a national level, both through organic development and by seizing opportunities for value creation linked to acquisitions that are functional to expand distribution coverage, to integrate the product offer and to consolidate the competitive positioning through vertical integration ”, comments Fabrizio Grasso, partner of Gradiente SGR.

Pietro Busnardo, Fabrizio Grasso, Stefania Lotto and Massimiliano Doria from Gradiente team followed the operation.

As part of the transaction, Gradiente availed itself of the assistance of SAT Studio Legale for contracts and tax consultancy, KPMG for accounting and financial due diligence, GEA Management Consultants for business due diligence and Orsingher Ortu Avvocati Associati for the negotiation of the loan agreement. Brera Corporate Finance acted as debt advisor.

Giuriati family was assisted by Mediolanum Investment Banking as financial advisor and by Chiomenti law firm as legal advisor.

The acquisition was financed by a pool of banks assisted by the Orrick law firm and consisting of Credit Agricole, Monte dei Paschi di Siena and Intesa San Paolo.